Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 is an integrated suite of server capabilities that can help improve organizational effectiveness by providing comprehensive content management and enterprise search, accelerating shared business processes, and facilitating information-sharing across boundaries for better business insight. Additionally, this collaboration and content management server provides IT professionals and developers with the platform and tools they need for server administration, application extensibility, and interoperability.
Portals and Collaboration
Collaboration portals enable organizations to capture the collective contribution of their employees and thereby increase the knowledge, quality and intellectual capital of the enterprise.
With the advent of SharePoint, the vision for sophisticated enterprise portals and collaboration has come to fruition. Portals consolidate information and provide access control for web-based applications throughout an organization. They support a consistent look and feel while, at the same time, facilitating customization for various subsidiaries/departments or focus areas of the company.
SharePoint’s features including collaboration web parts, meeting workspaces, site & page management, document libraries, content and records management, publishing and content approval workflows, enterprise search, etc. are designed to engender both teamwork and the dissemination of enterprise knowledge.
To capitalize on these features, a SharePoint portal must be properly designed. We provide expert assistance in the planning, design and implementation of enterprise portals including:
- SharePoint infrastructure design – capacity planning, hardware and services configuration, clustering & load balancing, performance optimization, etc.
- Security and permissions planning – Shared Service Providers (SSP’s), Active Directory, etc.
- Portal design – site hierarchy, content management, document capacity planning, etc.
- SharePoint Branding – graphic design, custom templates & navigation, master page implementation
- InfoPath Forms & Workflow – automation with electronic business forms and workflow
- Document Management – capacity planning & migration
- Custom content types and taxonomy – design and implementation
- Integration to line of business and operations systems
- Business Intelligence – Excel Services, Digital dashboards, BI tools
- Enterprise search – planning & configuration
In today’s hyper-competitive, ever-changing marketplace, Business Intelligence (BI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are vital to business decision making and execution. A well-planned BI platform provides a consistent and meaningful view into the information and data required to strategically and effectively manage an enterprise.
ShareSquared has extensive experience building comprehensive, integrated and reliable BI solutions using SharePoint and other complementary technologies within the Microsoft Stack. We can assist your organization in the design, implementation and deployment of an enterprise BI Platform including:
- SharePoint BI web parts, digital dashboards, etc.
- Business analysis tools such as Cognos, PerformancePoint & Business Scorecard Manager
- Integration to line of business & operations systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Custom web services and web parts
- Configuration & use of the Business Data Catalogue (BDC)
- SQL Analysis & Reporting Services
- Data Warehousing
Line of Business Systems
when SharePoint emerged on the scene, it was originally aimed at the Intranet Portal market and considered by many to be a packaged solution strictly for portals and collaboration. While the SharePoint platform has lived up to this promise, we at ShareSquared view the product as far more valuable than originally conceived.
SharePoint comprises a suite of architectural services that work in concert to make enterprise portals come alive, however, these services can also be used to build general purpose line of business applications. In essence, the SharePoint platform represents a powerful Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that includes:
- User Interface Services – InfoPath Forms Server
- Security Services – Active Directory and Site Administration
- Document & Content Management Services
- Search Services
- Data Services – SharePoint data persistence & Web Services and the Business Data Catalogue (BDC)
- Component Architecture – Web Parts
These rich architectural services can be combined in part or in total to rapidly create conventional line of business applications with the same features and robustness of traditional SharePoint portal implementations. If your organization is contemplating building a line of business application, why not mine the services in SharePoint and use them as the underlying architecture for your custom application.
Please contact us for more information on how SuperLogix has helped myriad customers utilize SharePoint and its companion products to build enterprise line of business applications.